I am unable to comment on posts, at present, and that feels weird. Delighful-looking crab-apple jelly, beautiful Dahlias in NZ...all these lovely posts read that have brightened up my mood. Thank you, bloggers, for your thoughtful posts.
***
I spent two hours yesterday canvassing for No on G--save Sunset Dunes Park--at the old Great Highway. What never ceases to amaze me are those who would gladly use the new park while knowing that they will vote to dismantle it come November. It's not necessarily what they say, but how they say it. One younger fellow walking with out-of-town visitors said through clenched teeth that he had already 'made up his mind'. I had to fight the urge to say with a huge smile, 'Enjoy your park walk!' at him in response. Many who are in support of Sunset Dunes gave the pro-park signal of a thumbs up, a raised fist, or a peace sign while walking, biking and jogging by me. That felt good. One old coot on a bike bleated an anti-park slogan while tooling past me on Sunset Dunes. I wanted to tell him to go bike in the street with cars, if he didn't like the park, but thought better of it. While many are steaming mad that they cannot drive down ALL ROADS all over town, I can't mirror their anger when engaging with them, but I sure do want to.
***
The woman who designed this bad-ass symbol---
No comments:
Post a Comment
A piece of your mind here: