Thursday, September 12, 2024

Lovely day in the yard--


This is my view from the new dining table out back while I read Joanne's latest blog post. I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be sitting outside right now. There are workmen using power tools on a house a few doors down and I can hear a steady stream of screams coming from St. Gabe's, a Catholic elementary school, on the corner. BRRRRR!!! then EEEEEE!!! then some more BBBUUUURRR!!! And you know what? I really do love it. This yard makes me happy as a clam. 


The cats are darn happy, too, when they are able to be sprung from the Catio and let out into the wider yard, that is. I can't really keep an eye on both of them at once--they always eye the fence--so I have to have them out with me one at a time. Marcel was outside with me first and then poor Bartie was allowed out after his plaintive cries pierced my heart. 


Marcel under the jade plant.


Sad Bart with his stuffed mouse for comfort stuck in the Catio.



Big Boy Joy out in the backyard with me.



12 comments:

  1. I wonder why clams are considered happy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe when closed they appear to be smiling? (That's a reach, I know!)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful spot for you and the cats. Those plaintive cries tug at our heart strings don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like the size of your house just doubled; you have an extra room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad all of you are enjoying your fab new back yard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do not know why kiddos scream, but they do. Out at recess. Every elementary school. Someone will scream. Well, multiple someones. (Middle school, too. My fifth period was screaming outside before I let them in. Why? I have no idea.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just far enough away to be kind of funny, to be honest. -just a background of 'eeeeeeeeee!!' around noon.

      Delete

A piece of your mind here:

Lovely day in the yard--

This is my view from the new dining table out back while I read Joanne's latest blog post. I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be...