Monday, February 21, 2011

London calling...

"It's February, anything can happen," said Lynn, a member and regular film-goer at the theater where I work. She was referring to the weather. Over the course of a few days last week, NYers experienced 40-60-30 degree weather. I'd gone from wearing a thick coat, to wearing short sleeves to wearing a thick coat, scarf, gloves and surly attitude.

Great change can come in all forms in Feb., I have recently found out. And, in a matter of months, say two-ish, I'll be leaving the "Big Apple" behind for a new life in the UK.
There's much to do. -much to donate, sell, toss out, and agonize over taking. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the enormity of such a big life change, but, thankfully, I have my recent uprooting from CA to serve as guide. I'll still feel at times that I don't know what in the heck it is I'm doing with my life, but, maybe, I'll feel better this time around about not knowing.

Because of my impending departure, my love-hate relationship with NY city is quickly becoming a relationship of intrigue. There's suddenly now much to see and do before I go.
Here's a short list that I compiled last night in my head:

Eat at the Russian Samovar
Really, really visit the Bronx Zoo
Walk or bike across the Brooklyn Bridge
Take a "circle" ferry around the Hudson and East Rivers

And, silly as it may seem, here's a list of things that I still don't want to do:

Visit Ground Zero
Go to the top of the Empire State Building
Eat a pretzel from a street vendor
See the musical "Spiderman"
Take a carriage ride through Central Park

No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of your mind here:

Wood/Driftwood

Bartie in the yard. Backyard horse, Palo Alto Ocean Beach filled with art materials. Wild wood in Golden Gate Park The most I've 'ma...