Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Fahrvergnügen & MD visit




The above intersections sort of resemble wacky pasta types or an alien syllabary. I'm sure I must have driven on most of these stretches, but, at ground-level, I couldn't tell you which one was which! The top row, far right image has the wiggle of Lombard St., so I'd guess that that intersection is just at the base of the fun bit. I've certainly driven on that junction, but not in many years. I recently read that City Hall is thinking of proposing a charge to motorists who wish to drive down Lombard St. Weekend rate: ten dollars; weekdays: five dollars. Also, one would be required to book the drive in advance. I would imagine residents of the curvy bit of Lombard St. are all for this proposal. Both traffic and pedestrian congestion in the area would certainly be reduced and that can't be a bad thing. Tourists might be bummed out, however. 

I had an appt. with the dermatologist today. I was to have a mole removed. As it turned out, she decided to remove two of them. It was more of a preventative measure, I was told. The doctor also wound up performing my yearly check-up. I hadn't known we'd be doing both today. Off came my jeans and I realised that not only had I put my skivvies on inside-out, but that they also had a sizeable hole in them. I can't blame getting dressed in the dark because the sun was up by the time I got ready to go. I felt vaguely mortified, so I made a joke about having left the house in a hurry this morning. The doctor laughed and that made me feel better. I'm sure she's seen it all, anyway.  

10 comments:

  1. Yes, doctors "see it all" and then some, I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right about the 'pasta' shapes. And I found myself wondering which dish would best suit which intersection.
    Doctors have indeed seen it all, and there will be some things (inside out clothing not included) they would love to be able to unsee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I suppose it could have been worse than my grotty panties. :D

      Delete
  3. I've done inside out too often. My sister says her husband wears underclothes inside out because the seams bother him. You may want to keep that in mind for an excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen that graphic before. I think my uncle posted it somewhere.

    As for the doctor, I'm sure they don't even notice, really.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny story about the doctor's visit. Those intersections look insane and I can only imagine how much fun it must be when they are jammed with cars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wacky intersections clogged with cars are a laugh-riot. ;)

      Delete

A piece of your mind here:

OAK is not OK

The goofiest kerfuffle around these parts currently involves our two major airports, San Francisco International Airport and Oakland Interna...