Sunday, March 31, 2019

My chi is out of wack.

Do any of you know what the efficacy is regarding having accupuncture treatment? I'm wondering if part of the discomfort I'm feeling in my toes could be connected to energy blockage from lack of exercise due to a stress fracture of the foot. I have naturally low blood pressure and a wacky condition that leads to my extremities becoming white & hurting if exposed to cold temperatures. Not crazy-cold temps, but just cold enough to bother me & not others. 

PT doesn't seem to be a cure-all, but it has helped. Time, assuming that the stress fracture is still in the healing phase, should continue to heal. In the interim, however, pain signals being sent to my brain for seemingly little to no reason are really getting me down. 

Here's a picture I took before the foot injury back in Sept. I had just finished with a run through the park & was sitting looking at the Windmill. This woman was having her partner take multiple snaps of her with the Windmill and attendant tulip garden as back drop. She sort of looked to me like a human butterfly, so I took a photo of her as well!




Here's a picture of the Mondrian House out by Ocean Beach. It's been painted this way for as long as I can remember. It's a 2 bed, 1 bath home now on the market for 1.5 million bucks. Any takers? 



12 comments:

  1. I have always hated Mondrian, but who cares about that. Toes are the first things to goes I think. Extremities are the first things to deal with the outside and the last things to be fixed by the inside. The blood gets to a dead end then has to turn around and go back the way it came.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe there is medication which can (sometimes) help with the distressing symptoms of Reynard's Disease which sounds very similar (if not the same) as what you are enduring. However I am basically clueless. I would start with the acupuncture though. I avoid medication when/if I can.
    Love the Mondrian House but not its price.
    And the flutterby woman made me smiles too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, EC! Good to see you round these parts. :)

      Delete
  3. I like that Mondrian house! I've never had acupuncture myself, but I've known a few people who've had it done for various things (usually pain relief) and they say it helps. It's not just a one-shot treatment though. You have to go regularly, apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never encountered Tom's explanation, but think I could adopt it. When I fell last summer, it was the spiral from hell. My foot would not move and I crashed to the floor with my foot stick and never moving until I landed, and moved my foot. I felt every bone break, beginning with my toe bones (metatarsals), then my femur split apart at the knee and sheared off, then I landed on and broke my right shoulder. And my body has healed in that downward order. My shoulder is just fine, my femur still hurts, but I get around. My foot hurts the worst, probably half healed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, man. That all sounds quite hellish. It's very interesting how the healing process has moved through your body. My husband suffered a double clavicle break and that seemed to have healed in about four months. (Numbness now in the area.) As one doesn't walk on one's clavicle, I guess this all makes sense. Feet do seem to take the longest.

      Delete
  5. I had acupuncture for foot pain several years ago. I had relief for a while after about 4 sessions, but then I noticed no change. The dr. said if you stop getting relief, you might as well stop. I hope it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this helpful information. We'll see how I fare...

      Delete
  6. I did acupuncture a few years back for an aching back. Nothing more serious than that. It did seem to help. If nothing else, it's a peaceful bit of time so lie on a mat and listen to peaceful music. I'd say try it a couple times and if it doesn't help, it didn't hurt, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound relaxing. I appreciate your comments!

      Delete

A piece of your mind here:

OAK is not OK

The goofiest kerfuffle around these parts currently involves our two major airports, San Francisco International Airport and Oakland Interna...