Thursday, July 4, 2019

Coffee shops and how to find them---

Coffee spots on 8.5 x 11 paper. 


A buddy of mine recently gave me a nifty, hand-drawn map of San Francisco ice-cream parlors she had picked up at a craft fair. The map came folded up & packaged as a postcard. This friend had seen the various mental maps of SF I'd drawn & thought I could make something sort of in the same vein as the ice-cream map, but instead feature coffee joints. Above is one of a few different coffee maps I've since drawn. I don't know if I have a favorite among them, but this is one of the earlier renderings & I like the placement of everything on the page fairly well. 

Here's another version going down the length of the page. I suppose it's less cramped-looking than map #1. 






I sent my friend a copy of one the coffee maps. May she both like it and use it! 

13 comments:

  1. Very clever, and a wonderful gift for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something very 17th century about those maps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Could it be the bison & albino alligator?

      Delete
  3. Oh, love these! And it seems the sprinkling of Good coffee shops has certainly improved since Mr P & I lived in San Francisco 20 years ago. It was more than a bit dire back then. The No Loo symbol is so handy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my, yes! Coffee back then was pretty dire. Trieste in North Beach was the only joint that sort of made a decent beverage & even that wasn't great.

      Delete
  4. Very clever, now I know where I can't pee in San Francisco!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. It's only a partial map as I listed only the coffee shops off the top of my head that I like, but, yes!

      Delete
  6. I'm sending this to my 17 y/o grandson. A resident of NE Ohio, he has biked most of the USofA, and is an aficionado of coffee shops and small restaurants.
    https://www.summitventure.co/
    and blogs about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly send away! It's a small sampling of just the shops off the top of my head, but they are pretty decent, so...

      I'm off to check out his blog, thanks.

      Delete

A piece of your mind here:

Tidbits

Every now and then my mom will drop a nugget of her personal history on me and anyone else lucky enough to be in earshot.  Last night over d...