Friday, March 27, 2020

What to talk about?

I can't bring myself to finish the puzzle I set up in the front room last week. I pooped out on putting the darn thing together after getting its edges and then some in place. Maybe next week will bring a renewed enthusiasm? I doubt it. It's a shame really as I switched all the furniture around to suit this puzzle-solving endeavor. Nearly all of the living room furniture was moved into the dining room in order to put the dining room table with puzzle by the front window in the living room. The light is better in the living room thereby making it easier for me to see what in the heck I am doing. Now I don't want to do it.


Living room furniture in dining room--I think I prefer it this way!



Dining table in living room



Lately, I've been watching cat videos on Youtube posted by a guy who claimed he was 'not a cat person', then stated a few minutes later that he'd made a 'cat house' (not that kind) for his 'little kitty'--a stray he'd started feeding the year prior. Yeah, ok, buddy.

Megxit part Deux

Megs (do we call her that?) and Harry have apparently decamped to Los Angeles. We've got them now, world! At least Canada doesn't have to be concerned about their well-being anymore. Frankly, I would have stayed in lovely B.C. were I them, but that's just me.

The below pic was taken slightly before our settle in place order was enacted. I just really love how the clouds looked that day.


16 comments:

  1. I have never had the patience for puzzles. My youngest brother (who loves them) once gave me a particularly vicious one. It was a two sided puzzle with the same image on both sides - rotated by ninety degrees. It is still unopened.
    I am grateful that the erstwhile Royals havn't moved here.
    Those clouds are spectacular. I hope I am never too old and jaded to watch and marvel at clouds.
    Stay safe and well. Which sounds like an order - and indeed it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brutal puzzle. I might only gift it to someone I didn't particularly enjoy. ;)

      Clouds are great.

      I'll take your order! x

      Delete
  2. For reasons unknown, I've been a royalist for many years. Not disgustingly, but enough that my news feed tosses them in almost daily. Poor Meg, thought she could rearrange the royals to her image. Yes, the British press treated her vilely, or were they on to something?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just thinking about how high the viewership was for the wedding of Charles and Diana. Heck, I watched it and I was only 10!

      Delete
  3. The Sussexes need to be in Los Angeles because their new income-generating business designed to make them "self-sufficient" is all about celebrities and marketing their brand. Can't do that in sleepy Victoria, BC. They essentially just used Canada as a transitional spot to get them the hell out of England and get their security costs paid for by the Canadian taxpayer until everything was ready for them and their new life in LaLaLand. Leeches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sucks. I truly thought that they would stay in Canada. Color me naive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have noticed that puzzles are the one of the things that stores are running out of. Makes more sense than everyone buying up all the TP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, puzzles are probably a hot commodity right about now.

      Delete
    2. We did buy a bunch of board games but no puzzles.

      Delete
  6. Hope those are flowers on your rug and not little coronaviruses (we have a similar one).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Yes, flowers not little coronaviruses. :)

      Delete
  7. Ah, a bit of mid-century modern happening in your home? My brother started a 100-piece puzzle of flaming dragons that he'd bought as a gift for his girlfriend's 7-year old. His verdict was, yes, surprisingly challenging! He only has that and toys for his 1-year old in his man cave, so is a bit strapped for old-fashioned diversions. Mr P. is an essential services worker so is out most days and all of the games here require at least two people, but I've not run out of the everyday things to do by any stretch, yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we've a few mid-century modern furniture pieces in our home. -some inherited, some bought & one piece 'liberated' from an ex-beau's place. :)

      -glad you've not run out of diversions to keep your attention.

      May you and Mr. P stay safe & well! x

      Delete
    2. Ah, a life of crime precedes the present day? The next topic for my blog, coincidentally. Stay safe and well, too! x

      Delete
  8. I gave away all my puzzles last year. I don't have a place to set one up, so I'm not disappointed. I'll just spend my time knitting.

    If you're not feeling the puzzle, you're not feeling the puzzle. Do something you are feeling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I just have to figure out what to do beyond taking walks and riding the stationary bike.

      Creatively, I feel a bit dried up of late.

      Delete

A piece of your mind here:

Wood/Driftwood

Bartie in the yard. Backyard horse, Palo Alto Ocean Beach after a recent storm. Wild wood in Golden Gate Park The most I've 'made...