Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Departures

Trump shill, Kellyanne 'alternative facts' Conway, is leaving her White House job as counselor to the President. She has said that she's leaving in order to focus on her family. Her husband, George Conway, an actual Republican who loathes Trump, is also stepping away from his duties with The Lincoln Project in order to spend more time with family. The Lincoln Project, for those who don't know, is an organization founded by Republicans and its aim is to scupper Trump's chances at re-election. Maybe 'spend more time with family' is code for 'trying to save the marriage'? Given their diametrically opposed positions on The Donald and George's penchant for talking major shit about his wife's boss on social media, I would tend to think so.

I cannot bring myself to watch any of the RNC freak show currently being shown on television. I have, however, seen stills of Donnie Jr's girlfriend, Kimberly Guilfoyle (our state governor's ex-wife) as she spewed her fear and loathing from the podium the other evening. She was so both demented and dynamic that her performance has spawned many-a meme. 

Here is a sampling---












16 comments:

  1. I can't watch that crap either but I am enjoying the memes that have been making the rounds since Donnie's girlfriend went a little crazy at the podium. I also didn't know she was Gavin Newsom's ex-wife, which is really interesting. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just too dang weird. Yeah, when Newsom San Francisco Mayor, Guilfoyle was his wife for a portion of his tenure. I think it must have been a 'mixed marriage' as Newsom has always been a Democrat.

      Delete
  2. I've seen The Lincoln Project's videos. They're very good. And I can't do the convention. I just can't listen to that idiocy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another blog I follow mentioned that one of Kellyanne's daughters is taking legal action seeking emancipation from the family - because of her mother's neglect.
    I too have enjoyed a number of the Lincoln Project's videos and would not be strong enough to watch the Trump convention. I think his enablers bother me as much as he does - which is saying a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The enablers are just as big a problem if not bigger. The teen, whose name I've forgotten, has been an outspoken anti-Trumper on social media. She doesn't seem to be a dummy. I can only imagine how it's been for her to have her mother work for Trump.

      Delete
  4. Another Guilfoyle speech meme I've seen says: "This production of Evita sucks!" What a pathetic crazy woman she is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yeah, she's icky. I wonder what went wrong for her in her life that she's wound up where she is now.

      Delete
  5. We've been seeing clips of the convention on our tv news. Looks to be all presentation and no content.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the lights are on, but nobody's home.

      Delete
  6. I watched the show last night, right up to Melania. Flipped the switch and went to bed. It was so disturbing, I slept poorly. And speaking as the mother of a granddaughter addicted to the looks of her hair, if you must wear extensions Tiffany, they should match and look like real hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than having her education, and, I guess, lifestyle bankrolled, what does Tiffany get out of shilling for Donald? It's a shame, thus far, that none of his offspring have the will to break away.

      Delete
  7. Dear Bea, like you, I tried to watch the RNC, but just couldn't. I gave it a half hour last Monday and knew that I'd get upset if I watched anymore.

    I know about the Lincoln Project and appreciate the videos they are putting on Facebook. They are really laying out the facts--and not alternate ones either! A book you might enjoy is "It Was All a Lie" by Stuart Stevens. He's been a Republican political consultant ever since 1978 and has done campaign videos, etc. for every Republican president since then and for mayors and governors all over the country. He put his faith in the tenets of the GOP and now believes and writes that the party has no moral compass except for power. It's a powerful book and I learned a lot in reading it. Peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Dee! Thank you for the book recommendation. Power, how to corral it and maintain it, seems to be the no. 1 aim of the GOP. Very distressing. Be well. x

      Delete

A piece of your mind here:

Wood/Driftwood

Bartie in the yard. Backyard horse, Palo Alto Ocean Beach after a recent storm. Wild wood in Golden Gate Park The most I've 'made...