Everything makes me cry these days. I blame being a huge sack of walking hormones and mine are in meno-flux.
Things that make me cry without fail:
- how fucked our country is in so many various ways and I will not illustrate them here because it is such a fucking downer
- the loss of blogger friends
- any part of the UK suffering from wildfires right now
- the loss of long-term clients from the memory care center where I volunteer
- Dolly Parton's death
***
School is back in session where I live. I can hear the school bell, the kids' voices and see the cars a-clogging the short block on which I live twice-a-day from my living room window. Well, I COULD see them if the window were not covered in a thick sheet of plastic. We are having the facade of house spruced up. The cheap-o 70s siding has been removed and the old stucco struck off. The aluminum windows, another relic from the 70s, will be replaced with something a bit more modern and energy efficient. Underneath the old stucco is Douglas Fir framing. The boards are thick and have been put up in a diagonal pattern that almost looks to be fishbone. They are beautiful.
***
To mangle B-rate movie actor Ronnie Reagan's jibe at Senator Cranston: Here we go again! The cranks who want to return car traffic to a two mile stretch of road along the ocean have managed to secure enough signatures to bring this issue back to the voting booth. If anyone cares to read about this latest development affecting the west side of San Francisco, here it is!
I will leave you with a bit of beauty from our garden. The mini passionflower plant has, after four years, finally produced one wee flower and it is spectacular.
No comments:
Post a Comment
A piece of your mind here: