Monday, January 24, 2011

Outrageously dressed...

movie and TV people who, seemingly, do not want to be recognized while walking down the streets of Manhattan really are a head-scratcher. Cynthia Nixon, looking every bit the part in her "Nanook of the North" get up, was slushing her way to the corner bodega the other afternoon as I walked by her. I wouldn't have thought to look at all in her direction except that she was wearing what looked like twenty pounds' worth of pelts and hides. Imagine a little white head poking up through the top of an all-encasing, suede-n-fur contraption. Of course the head, too, was topped with a thick, knit, ear-flap cap replete with puff-ball on the top. She was a Winter Wonder, I tell ya. How could I not gawk? She caught my stare with a tight-lipped smile. Perhaps, she thought I was (we are in Manhattan, after all) star-struck at having seen one of the "Sex and the City" girls in the flesh at 78th and A'dam. But, really, I was preoccupied with the thought of how many cute, furry animals had to die in order for her to warmly hit up the corner store for a carton of milk in mid-January.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a "star snapper" with the camera phone, so this is obviously not a pic of her in full, snow regalia.

    ReplyDelete

A piece of your mind here:

OAK is not OK

The goofiest kerfuffle around these parts currently involves our two major airports, San Francisco International Airport and Oakland Interna...