Friday, August 7, 2015

Coastal Cats

For the past couple of months, I have been involved with an organization dedicated to maintaining a small colony of feral cats living at a local beach.  The cats have all been spayed and neutered, are fairly healthy, and are mostly people-averse.  However, after years of sustained interaction with dedicated humans, many of the cats have developed a social relationship with their carers.  Some of the cats even allow themselves to be pet by the long-term volunteers.  The most social cats have been adopted out into homes.  A few cats, knowing that I bear kitty treats, don't immediately run when they see me.  Thus, I'm able to take a few snaps of them.
 
Tommy beats a retreat.
Forrest gives me the eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A piece of your mind here:

OAK is not OK

The goofiest kerfuffle around these parts currently involves our two major airports, San Francisco International Airport and Oakland Interna...