Thursday, December 27, 2018

Christmas-ish

I just really like the shape of the tree.

We were house-hunting over the weekend in the area where the above shot was taken. The neighborhood is a bit too rich for our blood, but there was one, tiny house we possibly could have afforded. Anyway, we made our way to the Open House only to find that they'd sold the joint already and posted a note on the window of the home stating as much. Ah, well. 


View from the back deck

Christmas was a mellow affair. It was sunny and warm on the back deck, so that's where I spent most of the afternoon. I lounged in the hammock & tried to complete the NYT crossword. I barely got through a third of it, to be honest. The difficulty jump from Monday to Tuesday was huge.  




Someone shared this Xmas card with me and I think it's fun. I added the wee tree to mark where I am, roughly. :D

8 comments:

  1. You are right about that tree. Shame about the little house though.
    Crosswords do my head in, despite my love of words.
    Love that card - and your addition.
    Christmas here was mostly mellow (until the volunteer work in the evening). It was bloody hot though. And the following days have been worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really digs maps of all kinds. The card is right up my alley.

      Here it's averaged about 16 degrees around midday the past few days. I dig it. Bloody hot is bloody too hot.

      Delete
  2. As Elephant's child said I agree about the tree and pity about the house. Good luck with the house hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tree looks like a bunch of Mistletoe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for the disappointment. Maybe in the new year...? That is a great tree.

    ReplyDelete

A piece of your mind here:

Postal Service, part II

One of the pluses of working as a letter carrier, we were told more than once during classroom training, was that one would 'lose weight...