Sunday, September 29, 2019

Street photography

I enjoy taking photos. I don't claim to be much good at it, but I do tend to snap a photo at least once a day of people, buildings, and landscapes. 

From what I understand, street photography is meant to call attention to the often overlooked instances around us in our daily life. While street photography should include people in frame, it seems that simply the mere suggestion of human activity would suffice. 

Here are a few shots I have taken over the past few months that I thought were decent enough to be thought of as street photography---



Coffee talk









Castro St. Station



La Mission
Are any of you also fans of street photography and do you indulge in shooting images as well? 


13 comments:

  1. I love your street photography. I indulge - but tend to leave people out of my photos. Thinking, thinking, thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are all wonderful little moments of time that you've captured! I think they DEFINITELY qualify as street photography!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at other people's photos, especially ones taken by a non-professional. When people want to show you photos (particularly when there were 35mm prints) but want to edit which ones you look at and which not, I hate it. I want to be the one who decides what is worth looking at and what not. Yours are all interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tom. I, too, love looking at other people's photos. When we all had 35mm prints, I very much enjoyed thumbing through people's photo albums.

      Delete
  4. Straßen Fotografie ist eine interessante Sache die Bilder sind immer echte Momentaufnahmen aus dem alltäglichen Leben.

    Noke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolut. Echte Aufnahmen, die einfach faszinierend sind.

      Delete
  5. You have a genuine feel for the art. The second one is intriguing!
    Years ago I took hundreds of pictures, and had a darkroom to develop the film and make prints. When I sold the big house I gave away my last mounted print, a picture of my brother's cat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the second one makes me smile when I look at it. I had been standing along the wall sort of waiting for something interesting to happen. Then the woman at the door stuck her head out and away I shot!

      Delete
    2. Also, thank you! I remember the kids in photography class in high school getting to develop pictures in the school's darkroom. I always thought that that must have been a very cool thing to be able to do.

      Delete
  6. Good images. I don't take many pictures outdoors. I'm not sure why.

    ReplyDelete

A piece of your mind here:

OAK is not OK

The goofiest kerfuffle around these parts currently involves our two major airports, San Francisco International Airport and Oakland Interna...