Sunday, January 29, 2023

Mutual appreciation

This lovely review made my day:

My gutters were totally filthy; probably hadn't been cleaned for years. The team stayed until my gutters were completely cleared. And they cleaned up after themselves expertly. No leaves or dirt left in the yard or patio. I will totally use them again; have already booked window cleaning this spring and another gutter cleaning next winter. Excellent. I recommend without reservation.

We are a small crew--we went from quartet to trio at the end of last year--so jobs can feel decidedly more challenging than not these days. What wasn't stated in the client's post was that the gutters had two different types of screens covering them. One type was a sort of 'clip on' and one was affixed to the gutters via screws. The latter happened to be found on the majority of the gutters. This modest, one-storey home--probably a two-hour job sans screens--took about 4 and a quarter hours to complete.

It's really lovely when the appreciation goes both ways in that this client was friendly, gracious and generous in her praise in person. Not only would she like us to come back to clean her windows (as stated above) we're glad to return to her residence come Spring.

I will leave you with a snap of the cats 'squinched' together in a basket built for one.

Bart and Marcel not really mutually appreciating each other.


14 comments:

  1. I thought the major selling point of those screens over gutters is that they prevent leaves and stuff getting in the gutters so no one has to clean them again . . . guess that's just advertising BS, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're correct, Debra. Leaves don't really have a good entry point when faced with gutter screens. However, grit and gravel from asphalt shingles (needles from certain trees, too) can find their way into the gutter during inclement weather. We've had some mega storms here of late. Couple that with the fact that this client had not had her gutters cleaned in at least five years and you have a decently-sized job to contend with.

      Delete
  2. We will go out of our way for people who are kind and show their appreciation. Not enough people get that, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful review. Like Debra I am puzzled that you need it - our leaves need to be swept off the gutters after a major fall but not cleared out of them but I am so pleased that you found competent assistance. I love your illustration of 'if I (nearly) fits I sits' too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leaves from neighboring trees needed to be collected/blown from the roof, but, yes, there was virtually no leave debris in the gutters themselves. Muddy grit was found, however. The client also had a pergola with a fiberglass roof replete with gutter and downspout (no screens) and that structure was under large trees from a neighbor's yard. Loads of clean-up on that bit of the job.

      Delete
  4. Cats! The customer was properly impressed and grateful. And to close, once again, Cats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review, Bea. Good job by you and the rest of the crew. I am always appreciative of wonderful work when we hire someone to do projects for us because it seems to be more of a rarity these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was such a lovely client, too. That makes the experience even better. :)

      Delete
  6. The cat picture made me smile, very cute. I always worry when my husband gets up on the roof to clean the gutters. My Dad fell doing just many years ago and badly injured himself. My husband forgets he's not as young as he used to be. I would welcome having it done; but he would not. Men
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, no. I can imagine how stressful it must be to see your husband getting up on a ladder to clean the gutters. As you know, as we age, even if we are fit, our balance can become compromised. Nice to hear from you, btw.

    ReplyDelete

A piece of your mind here:

March 2024

It's me. My buddy, David, very graciously decided to create a series of portraits of your truly & the above image is one of them. He...