Sunday, March 3, 2024

March 2024

It's me.

My buddy, David, very graciously decided to create a series of portraits of your truly & the above image is one of them. He's asked that I supply him with images of me throughout the years. I keep threatening to dig up an 80s feathered hair snap...have yet to find one. He says he'll take whatever I have. Baby snaps are also welcome. I thought this rendering very nice & thanked him for not drawing my forehead with its current crop of crosshatched lines. He said he'd used a photo of me circa 2008 for the piece. Ha. 

The hubs and I just filled out our ballots for the primary election. Beyond voting for who will be on the Democratic presidential ticket, we were tasked with selecting state and local politicians as well. I have to say, we are a bit spoiled for choice regarding the US Senate candidates. Be it Schiff, Porter or Barbara Lee, I think we'll have good representation here in California. 

I will leave you with this image from our primary ballot---

Dig the second choice listed. I have no idea who this person is, by the way.


Baby, he was born to run! 


14 comments:

  1. A wonderful portrait drawn in the negative! Very hard to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a lovely portrait. And that guy born to run--he must have a lot of money to spend, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, some of the names for president were... curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, like the name President for president. WHAT?

      Delete
  4. Nice portrait! I laughed at the Boddie as well !!??

    ReplyDelete
  5. The portrait looks fabulous. I hadn't heard of a few of those folks running for president.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my buddy, David, is super talented. The Democratic candidates, beyond Williamson, are not known to me.

      Delete
  6. What a cool portrait. I had to scratch my head looking at your ballot, who knew!
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! The turnout for the primary vote was quite low, from what I've read. I can't say that I don't understand.

      Delete

A piece of your mind here:

OAK is not OK

The goofiest kerfuffle around these parts currently involves our two major airports, San Francisco International Airport and Oakland Interna...