Wednesday, November 2, 2016

'G' for go vote!

Recently, I went to City Hall to drop off precious cargo aka my mail-in ballot at the polling station. Entering the building, I wasn't immediately sure where I was meant to go, so I asked the security guard for directions to which he replied, ' use the elevator & push G for go vote'. Ha.

At the risk of sounding like a paranoid Trumpite, I didn't feel too comfortable depositing my ballot in a post box. What if it got lost? What if some conservative postal worker, sensing he had another Hillary vote on his hands, chucked my envelope in the trash? I know how silly that sounds, but I still wanted to hand the darn thing in myself. -no post office, no stress, no problem.

Tagalog, Spanish, and Chinese to be found under the English. I guess the Russians no longer vote.
I took a wander around City Hall after depositing my ballot. It's an attractive building both inside...

and out. (Note one of the local news vans parked across the way.)

4 comments:

  1. I am glad that you had a pleasant wander after completing your vote. I prepoll over here - in much less stylish surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was nice to be at City Hall. I hadn't been since 2005, or so. And then it was for a work event.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Bea. God help us if Trump wins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We might need more help than what God provides if man-baby Trump shoe-horns his way into office.

      Delete

A piece of your mind here:

OAK is not OK

The goofiest kerfuffle around these parts currently involves our two major airports, San Francisco International Airport and Oakland Interna...