Thursday, July 19, 2018

Telephone talk

A shared fence brought down, literally, by ivy. Or rather by ivy removal, I should say. I know this because I was cleaning in the living room and the client was in the kitchen talking on the phone very, very loudly. The client knew I was there, but apparently did not care.

'Billionaires from China' who moved in and then didn't first check in with the neighbors, our client, about having the ivy growing over the shared fence cut down. It was the billionaire's ivy, technically, and they could do what they want with it, I should think. The client referred to them as a-holes. Talking via translators as the neighbors do not speak English has only exacerbated the problem. Someone might be on the hook for 40k worth of damage to trees. Lawyers have been called in. If they wanted to give the client ten million (the value of the house, I'm assuming) to move then that would be just fine. 'We're sick of this shit. We'd be glad to move.'

The client mentioned that the neighbors were away for the summer while all kinds of work was being done to the property. I did hear the sound of jackhammering throughout the day and wondered if it were coming from the property in question.

I am always struck by the fact that one speaks so frankly around 'the help'. We aren't rendered deaf once we start working. But what really tripped me out was listening to a millionaire complain about the seemingly entitled behavior of a billionaire.




6 comments:

  1. Perhaps they assume "the help" is loyal and wouldn't dare tell others what they were talking about. And, I guess there's always someone richer, thereby "more entitled". Funny, that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fairly ridiculous, isn't it?

      The client was also talking major shit about my colleague. I'm like, I'm right here. Shhhh!

      Delete
  2. What material! I could enjoy this, if I could do a lick of work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The client is a character and, maybe, full of shit.

      Delete
  3. The help is indeed invisible. And deaf.
    And sigh at the entitled and their attitudes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was bowled over by the 'ten million' for the house comment.

      Delete

A piece of your mind here:

Postal Service, part II

One of the pluses of working as a letter carrier, we were told more than once during classroom training, was that one would 'lose weight...